HIV/AIDS Information and Resources
- New York State Department of Health HIV Testing Policies and Procedures
- New York State Department of Health Updates and Changes to HIV Treatment Guidelines
- New York State HIV Testing Law - FAQs
HIV Prevention and PrEP
HIV negative people who take a pill called PrEP can reduce their risk of getting HIV. If you worry about getting or transmitting HIV, talk to your doctor about PrEP and other ways to prevent HIV and STDs. You can also learn more at www.prepforsex.org.
Ending the Epidemic in New York State
VNSNY CHOICE SelectHealth supports Ending the Epidemic (ETE), a three-point plan to move New York State closer to the end of the AIDS epidemic. The plan:
- Identifies people with HIV who remain undiagnosed and links them to health care.
- Links people diagnosed with HIV to health care and retains them to maximize virus suppression, so they can remain healthy and avoid further transmission.
- Facilitates access to Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) for high-risk people, to help them remain HIV negative.
- New York State Department of Health
- New York City Department of Health
- Signs and Symtoms of Acute/Early HIV
- AIDSInfo (A Service of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
- The AIDS InfoNet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Women's Health Information Center
- Project Inform