Your Total Benefits
VNSNY CHOICE Total (HMO SNP) combines Medicare and Medicaid together for people who require assistance with day-to-day tasks (such as bathing, dressing, walking and preparing food) due to their long term care needs.
The home-based services of VNSNY CHOICE Total include:
- Care management
- Home health care
- Nurse support line
- Transportation to your health-related appointments
- Social and environmental supports (including chore services and home modifications)
VNSNY CHOICE Total also provides all of the medical and prescription drug benefits of our Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plans, including:
- Primary care and specialists
- Hospital care and emergency care
- No or low co-payments on prescription drugs, plus coverage through the gap
- Coverage for OTC products, up to $1,440 annually ($120 per month)
- Dental services
- Hearing exams and up to $1,000 for hearing aids every three years
- Routine eye exams and $200 toward eyeglass frames and lenses every year
- $50,000 for emergency services and urgent care when you travel outside of the United States
- Podiatry services, including 4 routine foot-care visits
- Welcome to Medicare and Annual Wellness Visit
- All Medicare-covered preventive services at no co-payment
The benefit information provided here is a brief summary, not a comprehensive description of benefits.
For more information, contact CHOICE Member Services at:
Monday – Friday, 8 am – 8 pm
(TTY for the hearing impaired: 711)
VNSNY CHOICE Medicare Total is an HMO SNP plan with a Medicare contract. This plan is also a Medicaid Advantage Plus plan, with a contract with the New York State Department of Health. Enrollment in VNSNY CHOICE Medicare depends on contract renewal.
This is a Medicare-related page; some of the links will take you to non-Medicare information or to a different website.
This information is not a complete description of benefits. Contact the plan for more information.
Limitations, co-payments, and restrictions may apply. Benefits, premiums and/or co-payments/co-insurance may change on January 1 of each year. Some plans are available to anyone who has both Medical Assistance from the State and Medicare. Premium, co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles may vary based on the level of Extra Help you receive. Please contact the plan for further details.
Last updated 2/15/2017